Thursday, August 28, 2008

Adjustments

This week has gone by in a blur, mostly picking up within the last few days.

My family left on Thursday around 3 am and I said goodbye the night before. It was quite the typical don't-disappoint-us-we-trust-you-stick-with-God conversation, but I had it twice with both parents. That right there sounds like half an hour I could have gotten back.

I started hanging out with Joseph, a Bahamian, and Bogdan, a Serbian. Every once in a while Nice, a Swede, would tag too, and possibly Dan, the only Brit. They all amazingly remind me of people back home. Joseph reminds me of Brian. But I can't seem to remember his last name! He used to go to FLA in 2005 and was always hanging out with Kendall Coopwood. Joseph and Brian are long-lost bros. Bogden is just like Sam, in that they joke around with a straight face so that you (aka I) don't know what's going on. Nice is a little like Alyssa. Super chill, very I-don't-care attitude, but yet so hilarious. Dan... well, Dan is the only one who doesn't remind me of anyone. Then there's Eddie, the French cutie that I strain to understand when he speaks to me. I try really, really hard and occasionally succeed in a five minute conversation.

I'm getting used to the lack of people here so that it's almost comfortable. You basically see the same people around. I used to feel a bit more watched but that went away.

Also, roommate is still a no-show. What is the deal?! I'd love to know if I'm alone or not. Problematic otherwise because I have half the room not in use currently.

I also got a UK number, officially making me a bona fide Brit (in my eyes). I think I might make it, folks. I think I might just make it.

No comments: