Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Status and Modules

First of all, be aware that they pronounce the words above as "stay-tuhs" and "modj-ule". It irks me.

Anyways. Newbold College is a place where liberty is for all, as long as the rules are strictly followed. Thing is, these rules are being enforced THIS year because of a new principle. So, curfew is a must, worships and Dean meetings are a must, NSA (Newbold Student Association) meetings are a must, etc. Not everyone follows them, and not everyone gets penalized. But if they have you on their radar, you'll get shot down.
I, unfortunately, am on their radar.
Not because I've broken curfew (which I have), missed worships (which I have), or been disrespectful (this I haven't done). Mainly because I am friends with old-time students- students who know their way around and understand what's accepted and not acceptable. I'm constantly making sure SOMEONE sees me at the meetings and that my name is taken down. How long have I been here?

Also, Edelweiss is the sisterhood here at the school. This is kind of a "rival" group of the Brotherhood (obviously... girls and boys). We have secret meetings, attack members of the Brotherhood, and we occasionally go out and be nice to them. I'm a little iffy about it, cuz I know if someone attacks me I'll be pissed. And since I'm an officer, it's more "points" to attack me and the other officers. Yay.

I'm still debating as to whether I should go to SAU next semester or what. If I do stay, it will mostly be for a few key people. Other than that, I don't think it's worth staying here for. Also, my mom's kind of made it clear she wants me to stay, but Papi said he doesn't care what I do as long as, wherever I go, I study. It may be too early to decide, so I'll keep it open for discussion. But I'm just not sure.

I miss you guys so much! Hope everything's going amazing in the great USofA.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So in between the sneaking out and breaking curfews, secret meetings, and attacks against the brotherhood, how are you doing in your classes? Just an FYI You don't want to get on the bad side of your Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher. I hear he can be a pain if he doesn't like you. Just lookin out. ;)